Wednesday 29 April 2009

Memphis : You Supply The Roses


There's not really much I can tell you about this single, even searching on the web doesn't throw up much info. I remember buying the 12" version when it was released in 1985 only because I had read that it was James Kirk's (Orange Juice) new band. I'm sure they only recorded this one single which was released on Alan Horne's (Postcard Records) new label Swamplands. The version I have posted here is the 7" single which is exactly the same as the 12" except for the omission of an instrumental version of 'Roses'.
________________________________________________________
Tracks:
-
01 You Supply The Roses
02 Apres Ski
-
Strawberry Switchblade reviewed this single for Smash Hits magazine in the 28th March-10th April issue. Here's what they had to say ...
-
MEMPHIS: You Supply The Roses (Swamplands)
Rose: Got to be Single of The Fortnight for me. Great vocals, great guitar, it's a great pop record with tinges of country & western. It makes me really happy - I just wish the charts were full of songs like this.
Jill: I don't think this is the best version I've heard of this song, but I like it anyway. The cover is great - a highland cow in a purple loch!

No comments:

Post a Comment