Friday 24 April 2009

Dr. Alimantado

I still remember the day I bought this classic album on cd from Borders in Glasgow. I had never heard any of his music before but I kept reading bits and pieces about him in various books and magazines. Everyone from John Lydon to Sharleen Spiteri seemed to be a fan of his. When I got the cd home and played it for the first time I was amazed at how good and all so slightly mad the music sounded. The cd was played constantly for days before I even thought about listening to anything else. A few years later I got to see him live at 'The Ferry' in Glasgow as part of the Triptych festival and to be honest, it was the worst gig I've ever attended but don't let that put you off hearing this album.
Hear_it_here!!! thanks to http://regalameestanoche.blogspot.com
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wikipedia
MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment