Thursday 4 June 2009

Charity Shop Bargains : 01


























As the weather was brilliant at the weekend we decided to take a wee day trip up the coast to the Ayrshire town of Largs. While waiting for my partner outside one shop I noticed a couple of charity shops nearby. I had read on some blogs of people finding some bargains in the cd racks of these types of places so decided to have a quick look. It wasn't that great to be honest but in amongst the usual Spice Girls, Take That and Ronan Keating cds there were a few items of interest. In the first shop I bought the 4 cd singles above which were by Fluke, Orbital, Death In Vegas and The Chemical Brothers. Not bad for £2 in total. I've put one track from each of the singles below.

--------------

01 The Chemical Brothers - Leave Home [Underworld Mix 1]

02 Death In Vegas - Dirt [Old Skool Mix]

03 Orbital - Times Fly [Slow]

04 Fluke - Slid [PDF Mone]*

------------------------------

* The sleeve states that this track is Squirt but it is actually Slid. Or so I'm told.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Yes indeed- always worth a look in the charity shops. I think that the fact that you only find the occasional gem amongst the dross makes it even more rewarding.

    ReplyDelete