Tuesday 30 June 2009

Carter USM : Lean On Me I Won't Fall Over



In the early 90's a few of my friends were really into Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine. Personally I wasn't so sure, ok they had some decent songs and were supposed to be very good live but for me they had a very short shelf life and after their first couple of albums I never listened to them again. This single, released in 1993 came from their 4th album which I was totally unaware of ... until today. So I am posting this single without ever having heard it or even read a review of it. Why??? Well today I had 10 minutes to kill in the town and decided to have a peek through a very small charity shop window. On seeing a wall full of books I took a wander inside and found, as well as a great choice of books, 2 racks full of cds. I didn't even have time to look through them all but I did notice a sign saying '50p each'. Excellent value if you ask me but having very little time to browse and not feeling good about walking out of a charity shop without buying anything I settled on 4 cd singles including this one. So I approached the counter and handed over the discs to the smiling lady who informed me 'the cds are 50p each ..... or 5 for a pound so you'' need to pick another one' ... 20p for a cd (single or album)!!!! Anyway that cheered me up no end, I didn't pick another disc to make up the 5 (generous to a fault me) but I did manage to make time for a quick look at some other stuff on the way out. It looks like someone has handed in their full cd collection of charty dance singles with a few indie and pop ones thrown in. I'll be back at the end of the week for a better look :) So I hope you enjoy this single, which I have just noticed includes a Sugarcubes cover, if you don't console yourself that it only cost me 25p

--------------------------------------

01 Lean On Me I Won't Fall Down

02 Hit (Sugarcubes cover)

03 Always The Bridesmaid Never The Bride

---------------------------------------
-

No comments:

Post a Comment