Thursday 9 July 2009

We Are Family [Themes 1]



Something a wee bit different now. Trawling through the net today I downloaded a set of songs on a particular theme. Some are songs I already own, others I've never heard in my life before. It started off as 10 songs on each theme but soon expanded as I found more and more songs (and more themes). I haven't heard the outcome yet, I'm going to post it on here before I even listen to it myself. It could turn out amazing or it could be a disaster, probably the latter. Theme 1 is 'family'. Most of the songs on this one are well known to me (some other ones which I'll post later are a bit more obscure). So here we go 14 tracks to enjoy, or maybe not.

-

01 Brian Eno - Third Uncle

02 Camper Van Beethoven - We Saw Jerry's Daughter

03 Pavement - Father to a Sister of Thought

04 White Rabbits - Navy Wives

05 Rilo Kiley - A Better Son-Daughter

06 The Smiths - Shakespeare's Sister

07 Black Grape - In the Name of the Father

08 James - Gold Mother

09 The Icicle Works - All The Daughters

10 Glasvegas - Daddy's Gone

11 Embrace - One Big Family

12 This Mortal Coil - You and Your Sister

14 Giant Drag - Oh Father (Madonna cover)

15 Half Man Half Biscuit - Look Dad No Tunes

-




No comments:

Post a Comment