Monday 6 July 2009

T in The Park 2009


So it's nearly that time again for my annual trip to 'T in the Park.' Taking advantage of the early bird prices I paid for the tickets 2 days after last year's festival ended. Big Mistake. The problem with this is that you dont know the line up in advance. In the past that hasn't been too big a deal as there's usually plenty going on to make it a great weekend. It's not as if the headliners are the problem. Ok, I've no intention of watching Kings Of Leon again and I've definitely no interest in seeing Snow Patrol but 'T in the Park' has NEVER been about the headliners for me. There has always been better bands further down the bill or headlining the smaller stages. This year just doesn't look a strong enough line-up. Don't get me wrong I'll probably come home on Monday raving about how good this year's festival turned out but it will be in spite of the line-up rather than because of it. One good thing to come out of it all is my girlfriend will be happy as she'll get the pleasure of my company for the likes of Lady Ga Ga, Lily Allen and Katy Perry. So when I leave the house on Friday morning it will be with an open mind that I set off for 'T' hoping that the following bands will live up to expectation and that a few other bands will win me over.

-

One of my favourite bands from my younger years. I never got to see them live first time around so hopefully they'll help me make up for that, even if Jerry Dammers is missing :(

Hear their set from Glastonbury 2009 here.

-


I have to admit that it's very rarely I listen to Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds but when I do I fall in love with them all over again. Really looking forward to this. Hear a set they done live in Melbourne earlier this year here.





This should round the weekend off with a bang. I haven't seen Mogwai live before for some reason so I'm hoping to be blown away. Here's a set they played in New York earlier this year.


-

No comments:

Post a Comment