Saturday 18 July 2009

Moondials : Can You See? EP

I saw this EP in the local Oxfam shop last week but to be honest it didn't really grab my attention. I had never heard of the band and the cover didn't exactly grab me either (apart from the rather basic design, the previous owner seems to have spilled beer or some other kind of liquid over it). So as I got home and played the cds that I had purchased the Moondials EP wasn't amongst them. The name did however stick in my mind so I had a wee search on the internet and although information was a bit scarce I did find out that a. The EP was released on Electric_Honey records and b. The band features Stevie_Jackson (now a member of Belle_and_Sebastian) on guitar. So yesterday I took a run into town and after a bit of searching managed to find the EP again buried among the many James Last and Petula Clark albums. Can You See? EP
-----------------
01 Can You See?
02 Take Me away
03 The Only One
04 Faker
-

Electric_Honey is of course the record label run by music business student's at Stow_College in Glasgow. The label is most famous for releasing the original version of Belle and Sebastian's debut album Tigermilk and has also released music by the likes of Biffy Clyro, Snow Patrol and Wake The President among others.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment