Wednesday 6 May 2009

MC Buzz B : Words Escape Me


It's not often you will find any rap/hip hop stuff on my blog but I really couldn't resist sharing this with you. Released on Polydor Records in 1991 MC Buzz B's debut album was one of my favourite albums of the time*. Unlike his U.S. compatriots Buzz B's raps weren't sexist, racist or motivated by violence or guns. Fans of the more chilled rap artists like De La Soul will love this. Buzz B was also a member of Justin Robertson's 'Lionrock'.
________________________________________________________
* I only ever had this album and a couple of singles on cassette (originals though) but over the years the tape has disappeared somehow. When I started to replace my vinyl/tapes with cds this was one album I desperately searched for but to no avail. I've tried all the 2nd hand shops including e-bay but couldn't find it anywhere. Then last night I found it on this blog. To say I was delighted is an understatement but I was also slightly worried that after all these years it would sound dated. Apart from that, how many times have you clicked on a blog link only to find it has expired? But no the album downloaded very quickly. Result!!! but still I was worried. Now and again you find that zip/rar files don't extract properly. Once again everything went fine so it was now down to the music .... and was I disappointed? Not in the slightest. I'm listening to the album right now and it's like catching up with a long lost friend after nearly 20 years apart. So thanks to oldskoolukhiphop.blogspot.com for reuniting me with this brilliant album but my search will continue for a hard copy, sad person that I am. Even if you are not a fan of rap/hip hop please give this a listen. I think you might be surprised.
________________________________________________________
MC BUZZ B : Words Escape Me [Polydor 1991]
-
Tracks:
01 Jazz Track
02 Follow
03 Utopia
04 Inner Control
05 Don't Have The Time
06 Comfort
07 Window Sill
08 The Last Tree
09 The Sequal
10 Mr Smooth
11 Never Change
12 Carry Me
13 Good Morning
14 Bandit
_
_______________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment