Friday 8 May 2009

English Bore : Anaesthesia Diary



I must admit to not knowing very much about this. In fact to be totally honest, I haven't even heard it all the way through yet. The thing is I've got a busy weekend ahead then I'm away until Friday so I won't be able to post until then so I'm trying to put enough stuff together for a few posts while I can. Anyway from what I can gather this mini album(?) by English Bore was part of the 'Picket Fence' series of cd-rs which were only made available to subscribers during 2007. One of the reasons for posting this without first hearing it is the fact that it is a Fence Records release which usually means some sort of quality control. I've yet to be left completely disappointed in any Fence release yet although some stuff is obviously better than others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

English Bore is the ambient soundscape guitar drone and whatever project of john amino (amino people) with help from various others such as let our enemies beware and the fence collective. the project was born from a love of messing about with effects pedals and listening to my bloody valentine records too much (and not having a drummer). Fence_Records

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Amino says [excerpts]: 'ambient guitar experimentalism, drone, soundscapes or whatever you want to call it' ... t'he project or band started from my love of those bits on those early 90's shoegaze songs where everyone stopped playing and just made noise. That bit in 'feed Me With Your Kiss' by My Bloody Valentine' ... 'or on Sonic Youth records when the delays on the guitar takes over the sound' ... 'it's Marmite music, you'll probably either love it or hate it'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tracks:

01 Anaesthesia Diary [Part 1]

02 Anaesthesia Diary [Part 2]

03 Anaesthesia Diary [Part 3]


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment