Tuesday 1 September 2009

Book Choice : Driving Big Davie [Colin Bateman]

Whenever I'm looking for an 'easy' read I often to turn to Colin Bateman. To say that his books are an easy read isn't a put down. Sometimes I just fancy reaing something that speeds along at great pace without making me think too much about it. I found this book in a local charity shop the other day, hardback, mint condition and only £1. Opening it up the very first page mentioned one of my favourite songwriters, Joe Strummer. Well that was me hooked and within a night and a bit yet another Bateman book was read.
-
-


2 comments:

  1. with you on Bateman. Terrific writer, capable of making me laugh out loud and cry in anguish within a few pages.

    Also recommend Christopher Brookmyre for easy reading at great pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, I like Brookmyre as well. Been a while since I read him though. Might need to revisit some of his stuff as soon as I'm finished the pile of books beside my bed :)

    ReplyDelete